Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary Michael

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband.   Twenty six years ago today, I married my best friend, the love of my life and the man of my dreams.   I feel so very blessed to be married to him.  He is my rock, my touchstone, my friend, my support, my strength.   Many people ask and comment about “How I can manage to do everything I do, work long hours, be a mom, and wife, volunteer with various local and state organizations, and now intend to start a business?”   I always answer the same way.  I couldn’t do it if I were married to someone else.  Michael makes it all possible because he is there to support my endeavors and pick up the slack at home.  I am spoiled.  I come home to gourmet meals, clean clothes, and Neal’s chauffeuring needs are all handled.  Sometimes the house is clean as well.   His willingness to do these things, frees my evenings to relax, spend time with family, volunteer with band boosters, or work on my business, and spend some weekends scrapbooking, at PA PTA Board Meetings or do other things I enjoy.   Yes, I do about half the laundry and I still have to clean some things…cause I’m picky.   Yes, my house gets cluttered when I’m away a lot, but I do not have to spend my every waking minute worrying about meals, laundry, the house, etc.
On top of that….he is a wonderful, dedicated, and involved father. 
 When we were first married, and we would talk about 25th wedding anniversaries…it seemed like that was a lifetime away.  And now here we are celebrating our 26th anniversary.  Time flies by and over the years we have had happy times, and sad times.   We have had family members and animals that we loved pass away.  We have had ideas and dreams of things that didn’t pan out.   We have had household appliances break down, and things need to be replaced. We have arguments and disagree like all couples and we have had the routine married life most people have.  But through it all we have always been devoted to each other and been there when the other person needed them to be.   Our love is stronger now than when we said “I do.”  I am so grateful God helped me to make the right choice in selecting a mate for life.  I have much to be thankful for.

There are many times when I feel like I’m living a wonderful fairy tale…..the best thing is it is real life!

25th Wedding Anniversary Trip to the Bahamas

2 comments: