Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Doing Too Much

Do you ever say "Yes" to too many things?  Over-commit and then feel a sense of overwhelm?  All these things due at once and not sure where to begin?  I sometimes feel that way.   Beginning always seems to be the hardest part.   Usually because we don't know where to begin.  I'm learning to say "No."   But let's face it there are lots of things I want to say "Yes" to.  And if you are employed, there are lots of things you don't get a say in.  I have a tip that I use to help get my many projects completed.  Maybe it will help you to.  Check out my video and find out.

***Note....fair warning...this was a lack of sufficient sleep, no makeup, bad hair day rolled into one!



So do you have any tips to add to help get projects completed when you say "Yes" to often or are overwhelmed?

2 comments:

  1. First --- I love your "On my Way to work" idea!!! That is so cool!!!! and you were beautiful by the way!!!

    As for saying "no" -- I, too, find it hard but I am learning to do it. With a new baby (yes, crazy me and my husband are for having a baby at our age -- me, 42 and him 38 -- it has gotten easier. HAHA I get to use him for an excuse. LOVE it!!!! Seriously, though, it has gotten easier to say no and be picky and choosy in what I do.

    as for projects, I am a huge fan of story boards. Being a web designer this is really helpful and I should have stock in Post Its! LOL I am sure 3M loves me! I have to map out what I need to do, who I need to contact, and where I need to be/go --- then I need to sit down (preferably alone and in a quiet place -- not easy with a 3 month old haha) and "just do it" --- some projects take longer than others. But they do eventually get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I think many of us are wrestling with the "No" problem. You have your hands full with a little one. Don't be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete