Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Blog......Finally!

Can you believe this……a blog.   I’ve finally bit the bullet and started a personal blog.  This was one of my New Year’s Resolutions and here it is, the year is half over and I’m just getting this thing started.   But that is O.K.   The important thing is I’m started!  Woo Hoo!


So now you are probably asking yourself WHY?  Why would she want to do this?   That is sort of hard to answer.  My mind works in mysterious ways at times.  I guess you could say, this is a challenge.   I have wanted to do this for several years but wasn’t sure how to go about it.  I had lots of questions.  Would anyone want to read something I wrote?   I wondered if anything in my life would be interesting enough for someone else to read.  Would I be disciplined enough to commit to writing when I needed to?   Could I find the time in an already busy schedule to write?  Would I even know what to write?   Then I realized I didn’t care if others read what I wrote.  I wanted to do this for ME!   I wanted to challenge myself and grow.   This was a way I could do that.   I also have a long list of other things I want to accomplish while I am on this earth and blogging may help me to finally get to those things.  (More about those things in other posts!)
  
I started with a work blog on technology and found I could easily keep up with 3 or 4 posts per week.  Yes it took time, but it was manageable.  Many of the people that read my tech-bytes blog were encouraging and that gave me the courage to move forward with this more personal blog.  

I knew I wanted to start a blog, but wasn’t sure what to write about.  I thought about lots of things…parenting, technology, social networking, recipes, relationships, family, eating, losing weight, fun things to do, etc.  But had a hard time settling on just one.  So I decided I would write about lots of things.  Whatever inspires me each day.

Then, deciding whether I wanted to write my blog on a blog hosting site, and if so, which one.  That decision seemed to take forever.  So I decided to test two systems and this one is part of the test.

Then trying to figure out a name was the next challenge….every name I liked was taken!  I went through hundreds of names till I finally found one that worked for me and was available.

I will be writing about my family, the silly things that happen to us, the boring things, our travels, what inspires us, what makes us mad at each other, etc.  This will be a written record of our existence. I also hope to write about some items of interest to readers and get your opinion on things.   Hopefully I will have some interesting things to write about so you keep coming back.  Check back tomorrow to learn more about my goals for this blog.

So lookout blogosphere....I'm here!

No comments:

Post a Comment