Friday, July 1, 2011

How will you celebrate the July 4 weekend?

How will YOU celebrate the Independence Day Weekend?   

happy
I am very much looking forward to some extra time off.  

Our plans include lots of yard work, cleaning, and then enjoying lots of family time.  Swimming, picnics, fun food and making some great memories.

We have a big picnic planned for Sunday night..   About 70 people and lots of great food.  After we eat till we can't hold anymore, we will take our lawn chairs across the hill and watch some good old-fashioned fireworks.  

fireworksIn case you haven't guessed....I live in the country.   The hill is some land that my father owned till he sold the farm, but the new owner still allows us to set up our lawn chairs on top of the hill and watch fireworks that our neighbor puts off each year.   They are as good as any around.   The whole valley enjoys them.

We will enjoy the fireworks and then maybe some sparklers.  I'm 51 (guess I shouldn't be publicizing that) and I still enjoy doing sparklers!  We have been hosting a 4th of July party since Neal was a few months old.   A few years we have been away on vacation and my parents hosted it.   This year because of my dad's health, we are having it at my parents home so my father can attend easily.cake
  
We go all out with decorations and red, white, and blue food, dishes, etc.


I hope you are planning something special on this Independence Day.  Please comment and tell me about it.  It is great to hear about other's ideas and events.

Check back next week for pictures of the event. 

So what big plans do you have for the holiday?  What are your favorite July 4th memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment