Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Most people love and admire their father. And on Dad's day we especially try to acknowledge our father with cards, gifts and kind words.

It was no different in our family. Neal and I were up early to make Michael breakfast in bed. He was showered with kisses, gifts, and love before his feet hit the floor. (Michael started making me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day when Neal was 2 weeks old. I have done the same for him on Father's day. So this is a longstanding tradition.) We then attended church as a family.

Mike and Neal
Neal and Michael Smith

We took Michael's father, Patrick Smith out to dinner at Red Lobster the night before. And then visited him after church.


Mike and PatPat and Neal 
          Patrick and Michael Smith                                                             Neal and Patrick Smith
Neal, Pat, and Mike
                                                                           
Neal, Patrick and Michael Smith

Then we came home for a while and prepared food for a picnic with my parents and siblings to honor my father. Today was a special Father's Day for us. My Dad has been so ill and he is now doing a bit better and it was sort of a celebration of his improved health as well as Father's Day.

Dad and Kids
David That O'Neal, David O'Neal, Heidi O'Neal, and Robin O'Neal Smith

We took some pictures, we visited with him, we gave him gifts, we ate a great meal that we all contributed to, and then we visited some more. It was a great day!

Heidi and DadThad and Dad









 Heidi O'Neal and David O'Neal                                                     Thad O'Neal and David O'Neal
Dad and I
Robin O'Neal Smith and David O'Neal

My sister, brother and I, all have much to be thankful for. His improved health, and that we were so fortunate to have him as a father. Also, that he loved our mother and they stuck together for all these years!

Mom and Dad
David and Donna O'Neal

I'm sure each of us could tell many things we have learned from our father, but those are for another post.

I will leave you today with one final picture .......

Family
Thad O'Neal, Donna O'Neal, My Dad - David H. O'Neal, Heidi O'Neal, and Robin O'Neal Smith

............and just to say...Father's are special and mine is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment