Monday, October 31, 2011

Did you participate in the Ultimate Blog Challenge?

I have been participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge during the month of October.  This has been a great challenge and has motivated me to write more often.   I’m happy I participated and I’m also very grateful to Michelle Shaeffer and Michele Scism for hosting this event.
/
 The goal was to post 30 blog posts during the month.   I didn’t meet the goal.  I only had 18, between two different blogs.  But that is OK.  I put forth an effort and with all the other things I had going on this month.  I’m amazed I was able to post 18 times.    
Last night I was feeling sad that I didn’t meet the goal of 30, and then I got to thinking about how much the challenge has helped me to grow and blog more often and how many other great blogs I have read because of this challenge.   It is the experience and the journey that makes it fun and worthwhile, not always the destination!  
These challenges are a great way to kick your blogging into gear and get you moving.   They take place every couple months and they send you an email every day of a blog idea.   I only used one of their ideas but hope to use many more in the future.
I hope to continue to blog in November and December with a twice a week consistency and then participate in the next blog challenge in January. 
So how about you?    Do you need something to motivate you to blog on a more consistent basis?  How do you motivate yourself?  Are you interested in participating in the next blog challenge?  Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment