Monday, July 4, 2011

Why am I starting a blog?

Do I think people will want to read my blog?   I hope so, I mentioned yesterday that I wondered if anyone would want to read anything I wrote….my life really isn’t any more interesting than anyone elses.   But I think that is the secret to success….people like to know what other people are dealing with.  They like to know they are not alone.   They want to hear about other people’s issues.   Our grandparents watched soap operas and listened in on party lines, our generation watches reality tv shows and reads blogs.  In both cases we compare our lives to others.  Sometimes we look better, sometimes worse, but it gives us some comfort in knowing others deal with the same issues.  But bottom line…I’m writing because I want to and I’m sure some of the things I write about will be enjoyable for my son to read in the future!
Do I think that I will someday be famous because I’m writing this blog?   NO, but I do think I will make some people smile, I will make some people shake their head, and some might even get mad at some of the things I write.  There is always the chance that I could be like Ree Drummond of the Pioneer Woman Blog and get tv and book offers.  But that would be a surprise to all and not the reason I am blogging.  I do think I will reach people outside of my little Saxton/Hollidaysburg world.  I think somehow, someway I will make a difference with this blog….if no where else, at least in my own life.  And I’m happy with that.
What are my goals?  My goals are simple…to make you smile, to make you laugh, to make you think, to inspire you, and to encourage you to step out of your comfort zone at times.
Our family (whatever yours may look like) are the most important people in our lives.  Sometimes we get so busy taking care of them we forget to take care of ourselves, and I hope through this blog, I can remind myself and my readers that we are OK, we deserve a break, we deserve to give ourselves permission to take care of ourselves.  We all have so much to give, but we need to nurture ourselves to be able to give to others.
How long will the posts be?   Some days posts will be about this length, some days maybe a few sentences, some days a picture, some days, when I’m on a roll, the posts might be longer.  Feel free to comment if you think they are too long!
How often will I post?   At least once a week.  Hopefully at least 3 times per week depending on what is going on in my life.
How will you know when I post something?  Several ways….you can sign up to get a copy via email.  You can sign up for RSS feed.  Or sometimes I will post on facebook.  Or you can just look my page up when the mood strikes.
So tell me....do you think I'm crazy for starting this blog?


No comments:

Post a Comment